Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cramming too much into a day.

I have a bad habit..putting too much on my daily list of “to do’s”.  I have failed to get into a routine, a schedule that helps me keep my brain straight though I keep telling myself that is exactly what I need.  But in my own defense I can’t really have a schedule as I never know what tomorrow will bring.

DSC_0013

I could get a call to go to work cleaning or someone needs me to come pick their garden clean (that reminds me I had a friend call me that needed me to get a bunch of veggies out of her garden for her…see…slipped my mind).  With a garden it does not wait until you have time, it is now. 

Plus the shorter days do not help.  During the summer I would go out to work in the garden after dinner and enjoy a good couple of hours doing what was needed.  Now it is dark after dinner. Boo, Hiss!

(a rose that I started from a cutting, photo taken with my iPhone)IMG_0065

Monday morning I woke up with my mind whirling with what I wanted to get done and what I needed too.  Monday is supposed to be my cleaning and housework day, get the week started right.  But the weather was so fine and that will not last long so I decided I needed to get my garden ready for winter.  I transplanted strawberries that have cropped up all over the place, shoveled chicken litter from the pen and poured it into flower beds, managed to do laundry, paint our woodbin, did the grocery shopping and worked on a few signs.  And in between I did clean on the house. 

Sometimes I have to stop and think about what I have accomplished instead of what I have not (being that half the time the things accomplished were not on the list that day).  That being said I have finally gotten one of the chairs painted I started back in July.  Nope, I just went and looked, it was the end of June. 
Here is what we started with.  Some vintage chairs needing some TLC.

image

I did a post on comparing a couple paints on them..
A comparison…chalk paint and Rustoleum heirloom white.
And to the finished product…for some reason the pink of the roses washed out. I need to take some different ones.

chairfront

I am not quite sure I like the rose climbing up the back…I may have to paint over that and leave it white.   I do use these chairs in my sewing room.  Despite the paint making the material stiff it is not bad to sit on.

chairdown1

Now to get to the next one.   One project started long ago that is finally done. 
Today I have worked in the garden, making the most of the 70 degree days to prep the garden for next Spring.  I got many of my English Delphiniums planted.  Photos next post.

Until next time, I wish you warm sunny days!
signaturePamela

My Website




Transformation ThursdayTidyMom I'm Lovin' ItffRemodelaholic

3 comments:

  1. this is sooooo charming.

    come visit anytime--and hope you will enter my shabby chic giveaway:

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/why-is-pearl-blushing.html

    warmly,

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG,,, your chairs are beautiful.. the rose climbing up the back is also very nice.. wish I could paint!
    Very nice post and don't feel bad, I too never get things done each day. I wake up and just do what feels good! today is working in the garden since the weather is lovely!
    Happy Fall
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so lucky to have such a great group of gardeners to share with...thank you so much for linking into my little party today...I look forward to many more posts as wonderful as this from you!!!
    I hope your week/weekend is just what you hoped it would be!!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...