Thursday, June 7, 2012

You Are Stronger Than You Seem Sign

It has been a very satisfying day.  I was able to get quite a few hand painted custom signs worked on and some more lumber base painted for the rest. 

I added the roses and vines to this sign. I think it still needs some shadowing around the edges and I will add that before listing it on my website.


You are Stronger than you Seem sign

A very special order sign I am nearly finished with is this Juliette’s sign covered with shabby pink roses.

Juliette's custom sign

I took a break when running to purchase more lumber and made a trek thru the local thrift store.  I scored this lovely vintage stool.  I can’t wait to get started on it.  I know exactly what I want to do.  I have had an idea floating around in my brain for months and this piece is perfect for it. 

DSC_0001

Let’s hope the reality is as lovely as my imagination. 

DSC_0002

If not we will have to go back to the drawing board. But that is fine, sometimes when I have to redo something the results are better than any notion I may have had to begin with.  So goes the creative journey.

I need to go close up the studio for the night and spend some time in my garden.  A lovely day today, in the low 70’s.  Perfect for a trek thru the garden. 

signaturePamela
Vist our website at Backwoods Cottage.com



French Country CottageChic on a Shoestring DecoratingFarmgirl Friday Blog HopFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialCountry Momma CooksBetween Naps On The PorchToday's Creative Blog

6 comments:

  1. I just saw that exact same sign on another website and they were asking about adding some element and I suggested a squiggly line or stencil under the word braver....this is too weird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs are lovely, such a wonderful quote, you did a great job!
    The bench is interesting, so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually paint all those flowers and everything? You're not a painter...you're an artist! Amazing! Beautiful work! I wouldn't know where to begin unless it was stenciled or traced! LOL! I might be able to do that....maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy can I relate to the above comment. I love to make things but have to rely on stencils or stick on letters. I so admire anybody who has the talent you do, your signs are a work of art, not just a sign. Guess we all have our talents in life. I know mine isn't as an artist like you or doing hair. So where does that leave a person? ho hum, lol. You are an inspiration. I am a new subscriber. Look forward to seeing what you make next and how that little stool/bench comes out.
    I have found that if I plan how to do something it never turns out. I'm strictly a spontaneous crafter, just kind of go along as my head tells me at that moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first sign is a motto the whole world needs to live by. Juliettes sign is gorgeous! Great find on the stool. Can't wait to see it after you work your magic.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this subway art. How good is that quote? Really something we all need to live by. Thank you for sharing!

    -Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...