Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You Are My Sunshine Sign

Just a quick post.  I am in the middle of painting up some signs to fill orders.  Here is the updated You Are My Sunshine sign with the daisies added.  I like it so much better with the added touch of color. The daisies make it seem really Happy. 

your are my sunshine sign

I scuffed up the lettering a bit to give it a distressed look, I need to do the same around the edges for some dimension. 

And for the awesome hubby award, I need to recognize mine.  I worked a long hard day deep cleaning a condo in Bear Valley yesterday.  I did not get home until 8pm and waiting for me was this..

DSC_0004

A cooked to perfection London Broil (on the Weber), buttered garlic spaghetti (a favorite around here) and corn. Oh, I cannot forget to mention the final touch, an ice cold beer!  It was the perfect finish.

DSC_0005

Well, the beer along with the announcement he had done all the laundry.  Woo hoo.  The house was tidy too.  Does life get any better?? 

Yep, here he is multi-tasking…feeding Benjamin (newest nephew)and reading his email.  A photo I could not pass up, there is a family joke in here but I won’t bore you with it.

DSC_0001

Back out to the studio I go..

signaturePamela

My Website



Beyond The Picket FenceA Delightsome LifeSomewhat Simpleshabby creek cottageCountry Momma CooksDomestically Speaking

15 comments:

  1. Can you send him to my house. How special. What a great ending to a hard day's work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post! Good job to your hubby..he's a fine man and I'm sure he knows he has a fine woman..glad he did all that and went the extra with that cold beer..yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sign, the blue you used is just fabulous and the added daisies are perfect. How nice to have hubby make that meal for you, I'm sure after your long day it was very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the sign! Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela, hubby is definately a keeper! The steak looks so delicious. So tell me, do you just add fresh garlic and butter to spaghetti for a side dish? Never tried it, but sounds yummy. Anything with butter can't be bad. lol! The picture of hubby feeding was sweet. Thanks for sharing this with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann
    p.s. Forgot to mention how cute the sign was. The daisies are the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a MAN! And that wasn't just ANY beer....Blue Moon.....my FAV! What I'd like to know is how did he get the baby and bottle on his lap and then get the laptop on there too....he's amazing! Precious photo! Now, I'm thinking that London broil sounds mighty good on the grill. I have no beer to go with it though. I have to drive to Missouri to get alcohol plus I'm not even sure they have London Broil down here! LOL! I know....what was I thinking moving here? (LONG STORY!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! P.S. I love that sign! I may have to order when one of these days as they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I found your blog through Somewhat Simple blog party and I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts, at my Creative Thursday Link Party (open through Monday each week) at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. gotta love it so charming come see what summer treat I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/06/caprese-skewers.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the addition of the daisies! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela - the sign is wonderful - that was one of our favorite songs when my children were little!
    I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sing that song to my daughter all the time! Love the sign with the daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the you are my sunshine picture! That song is so close to my heart! Visit me at www.six-cents.com!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your signs are always so pretty, and this one seems apropos with the lovely story of your husband - he is obviously a great source of sunshine in your life :-)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...