Friday, June 1, 2012

Family Rules signs and a Garden walk

I have been busy working on some subway art signs for my website.  This is my Family Rules sign.  

A vintage white background, different shades of charcoal lettering and a bit of shadowing along the edges.
 

family rules sign

I have also done one in a black background and ivory white lettering. 

blackfamily rules

I also plan on making these customized with the names of the family.
 
Now that I have shared that I want to take you on another garden walk.  I love this time of year, every morning brings a new bloom to enjoy.

Though this Iris is more subtle in color, the contrast is quite stunning and this flower has the sweet scent of the old fashioned flags. 

DSC_0002

This is the first year my Bourbon clematis has bloomed, it is such a rich deep red (much deeper than it shows on the screen).  This one won’t climb higher than 4 feet but I don’t mind, it is planted in an area where I sit to enjoy my morning coffee so it is always at eye level.

DSC_0006

A friend passed this Iris on to me, I do not know it’s name but I enjoy it the striking colors.

DSC_0009

My Happy Chappy ground cover rose.  This little guy blooms in various shades of orange, yellow and pink all summer long and fills in a rather drab area bringing it to life.

DSC_0012

My surprise Corn cockle.  It is a surprise as I do not remember planting the seeds in this spot.  Before it bloomed I thought it was a Bachelor button, I know I moved a Bachelor Button here last Fall.  I love it even if it is not the Bachelor Button.

DSC_0016

Oh how I wish the colors were true on this one.  It is really a rich royal purple, but just imagine this covering the trellis on my back stairs.  This is Warsaw Nike clematis, one of the toughest I have owned and it blooms forever!

DSC_0020

I can’t do it justice but I gave it a whirl.

DSC_0021

Golden Celebration English rose

DSC_0034

Some old fashioned sweet peas to perfume the walk.  These had reseeded themselves from last year, you gotta love that. 

DSC_0006

Don’t you just love Spring? 


signaturePamela







Garden TourJoin In for the next Fresh-Cut Friday July 6th 2012Country Momma Cooks

8 comments:

  1. I have that same stencil!
    That sign is one of my best sellers!!
    ♥'s
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers~ your Golden Celebration English Rose is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY! I love your signs too! :) We are going to have sweet peas next year in the garden! I think they are so cute. :)

    Thank you so much for joining in for Fresh-Cut-Friday! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are all very beautiful. The Golden Celebration English Rose is truly gorgeous. And your signs look fabulous.
    I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the signs. Your garden looks great with lovely clematis and other beautiful blooms. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family rules signs are so cute! Your garden is lovely, too.

    Linking from Rose Vignettes,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I love spring too!!! Your flowers are beautiful of course--but those two signs are more then wonderful !! They are perfect!!
    ~~Rain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Featuring you tomorrow...XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...