Friday, March 1, 2013

Square in Square Baby Quilt

A gorgeous day here in the mountains.  Bright, warm sunshine pours in to the studio as I paint up a special order sign.  This one is all Spring, with pastel tulips, it has been a while since I painted tulips so this should be more than fun!  I will share soon, I promise.
Today I really wanted to share a new quilt my SIL has hand stitched.  She is a true artist with a sewing machine and her love of quilt making shines through in her work.  I am still working on a gallery of her past projects so everyone can get an idea of what she can make and maybe get an idea for a custom quilt they may want her to make for that someone special. 
 
Modern Boy draped over chair 2.2013

I love the colors in this quilt, it screams vintage to me though the fabrics and materials are all new.

Modern Boy full front 2.2013

Even the back is lovely.

Modern Boy full back 2.2013

The binding frames it so well.

Modern Boy close-up of quilting and binding 2.2013

Sigh, one day I will have to commission her to make me a quilt.  I can sew and I can quilt but I just don’t seem to have the same eye as she does for putting fabrics together. 

On another note, I have a dresser I am wanting to paint.  I use it in my sewing room to store my fabrics, notions and patterns.

Here it is as it looks now.

DSC_0004

And here is my inspiration piece….what do you think?  Think mine will look good painted like this?

Chalkboard_Dresser_Lettering
Courtesy of The Gunny Sack

I hope everyone is having a great day!   I am enjoying being in my studio and painting away! 

Happy Friday!

signaturePamela







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...