Thursday, September 6, 2012

How To Paint my Vintage Saloon sign!

Before I get started on my sign I wanted to share these.

roserusticchairs

I wish I could take credit for making these but I cannot.  These were done for the Vintage Marketplace.  I have wanted to attend this show/market for over a year now and it just never seems to pan out.

The show is tomorrow and Saturday.  Sigh, one day I will get there, maybe I will even get to be a vendor. Now that would be a dream come true.  I hope whomever gets to attend will share lots of photos of the fabulous booths so we can enjoy it vicariously. 
Now down to business…back in July I shared a sign I created for myself.

saloon

And I promised a tutorial.  I am finally fulfilling that pledge tonight. 

This is the sign I will be showing a tutorial on. I have had a lot of customers from Texas so this sign is for them.

DSC_0065

First, find an old board or boards in the size you wish your sign to be.  I wanted something large enough to make a statement.
 
To see the rest of this post please click on link...Vintage Saloon sign tutorial.. or on the photo of the sign.
Happy Painting.
Pamela



Furniture Feature FridaysChic on a Shoestring DecoratingJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

13 comments:

  1. What a great sign!! :) And I love those chairs outside!! :) Hope you have a great weekend! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful signs! You must have a very steady hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. via MMS FFF....link...found you and those chairs are drool worthy...and before I started my blog and started taking pic...I did a little chair and did a skirt with this idea,layers of ruffles...It sold fast...I never went back to the idea..but these chairs have me thinking..

    Your signs I love...yes I live in Texas....ideas for signs...I never miss hitting the NO 1 saloon DeadwoodI will have to come back again

    ReplyDelete
  4. those chairs are beautiful, those little skirts are so unique. Great signs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sign ~ PINK!! roses ...

    Those chairs are fabulous, Pam. I'd love them.

    Have a lovely weekend ~

    GIVEAWAY ends 9/9

    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sign, how about Second Hand Rose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm moving backwards in your post tonight, Seeing your beautiful blog and your fabulous work. Thanks for the tip about the Magic Rub eraser, I did not know this. I'll have to pick one up next time I'm at the craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    PINK reminders is my entry.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do super job on making the various signs. I am going to check out some of your others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly love your site.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m planning to create my own site and would like to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Appreciate it!
    condo launch Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is real good site for the readers as the content in this sites is very informative and it makes us pleasure to read the whole content.
    Wall Coverings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...