Friday, April 20, 2012

Killer Chicken houses!

Backyard chickens are in!  Along with popularity comes some ingenious ways of keeping chickens in style. 
Some folks have ideas that just beg to be shared.

The Poop Coop by All Cooped Up



You can’t help but smile.



Some can easily tuck in along the back fence.  I love the little chandelier painted inside, just a touch of elegance.

Chalet Souffle housing Poppy, Petunia, Myrtle and Iris, the Poulet Bouquet.



Use what you have, a good motto and why not, this old school bus makes a good size chicken house.  I guess you could get away with this on the back forty but it may not work for the more urban dweller.

School bus chicken house.



This one is called High Class Chicken coop.  It is certainly colorful.  I like the pink screen door and picket fence to gussy up the pen area.



The Fancy Farm Girl put a real chandelier in her Fancy Smancy chicken house.  No hen spoiling here!



Can you believe Williams-Sonoma has jumped on the backyard chicken band wagon?  I’m tellin’ ya, chickens are mainstream now. 

Alexandria Chicken Coop, Green

But this one has got to be my favorite.  Follow the link, the builder kindly shared his step by step of building this oh so cool chicken house.

Poultry in Motion



If you are thinking of starting your own backyard chicken flock here is a few great links for info.

The City Chicken

The Urban Chicken

Backyard Chickens

My Pet Chicken

Then of course, there is the Chicken Whisperer. He even has his own radio show.
CW-Logo[1]
Go figure!

As chicken keeping grows and grows in popularity I am sure I will have to share more fantastic coops in the future.  So check back!


mllsp58asignaturePamelamllsp50a



My Website



Country Momma CooksFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialBetween Naps On The Porch
The Barn Hop

18 comments:

  1. This is just the chicken's cluck! Darling ...

    Have a great weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! These chicken abodes are wonderful. Makes me want to get some paint and decorate my rather simple chicken coop.
    Love the bus. That's a predator proof chicken house if I ever saw one.
    ... and the toilet seats... my laugh of the morning. Thanks for this great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few ideas on fixing mine up too, it is rather bland compared!

      Delete
  3. Loved this glimpse of chicken houses that have so much more style than the abode of my one old hen. I'm sure she would protest her humble quarters if she saw these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! Sometimes I think I wouldn't mind having some chickens and of course, they would require something a bit on the finer side, like these. ;) Love the Poop Coop inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! thanks for sharing!
    By the way, how did you get the "reply" on your comments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember how I got the 'reply', I will have to look that up.

      Delete
  6. These are amazing! My hubby is wanting to get some chickens for our backyard- I'm going to show him your post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are only a few of the ideas I found online, so there are many more choices too. No need for a boring chicken house!

      Delete
  7. Love these "cream of the crop coops"!! I'm fortunate enough to live in a rural setting and have acreage. My family, for some reason, never had chickens! We had every other farm animal when I was growing up but no chickens! I've been thinking of raising them for a while now but as of yet, not taken the plunge! I was going to get a bus like the one you featured, paint it funky colors with the caption "The Hens on the bus go round and round..." Stupid I know, but different! Maybe I'll have to move "chichen bus project" to the head of my to do list! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken bus is great, ready made and very secure. I would like to have found how the did the inside.

      Delete
  8. I don't really have the time to raise chickens but I might put one of these chicken coops in my backyard. They are too cute. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower stopping by from It's Overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking up these great coops @CountryMommaCooks..I love the out house...have a wonderful Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from the Sunday Homepage Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had room for chickens...I am your newest follower from the networking blog hop! I would love if you would stop by my blog and if you like what you see follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Your garden looks lovely! chicken houses

    ReplyDelete
  13. would love to see pictures of hen house for a ideal for mine. chicken coop kits

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...