Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Am Heading Out the Door for Yosemite

My Website
I took a break this morning from frantically packing and preparing for the cold weekend ahead at the Strawberry Music Festival, to take a walk in the garden.

I love this time of year when every day bring something new to bloom.

I just love this Firewitch Dianthus, the fuchsia blooms next to the blue green foliage is eye-catching.

DSC_0004

The lime thyme is at its best.

DSC_0005

An Heirloom Iris that smell like Grape Kook-Aid.

DSC_0006

A Russel Lupine in Fuchsia.

DSC_0007

And one in Blue.

DSC_0016

I love the spots.

DSC_0008

Even just the bud is lovely.

DSC_0009

The poppies are just beginning their show.  I let them reseed last year and they are coming up all along the side yard.

DSC_0010

DSC_0011

According my the label this clematis is supposed to be white with burgundy specks but I think I mislabeled it.

It was supposed to be Bee’s Jubilee.

DSC_0012

The other clematis which I do believe is Nellie Moser is snuggled up with my Shropshire Lad English rose.

DSC_0013 

The Creeping Jenny is filling in an ugly area quite nicely.
 
DSC_0014

Another speckled Iris, I do believe my cousin gave this to me, she dug it up at an old farmstead in Idaho.

DSC_0015

That was my morning walk.  I really regret having to leave for nearly a week, I will miss so much.

I will endeavor to enjoy myself. I am not a camping enthusiast and this is not a weekend of leisure, I will be working my fanny off, long hours of hustling then dropping into my bed at night (a memory foam mattress pad tossed into the back of my Suburban) to snooze a bit before starting another day.

And to top it off it is now predicted to be colder than we originally anticipated.  I hate camping in the cold.  And I can’t come home until Monday, unless I can connive some way to get out of there Sunday night.  We shall see.  By then I will be more than ready for a good hot soak, my bed and a warm house not crowded by 25,000 people sharing my bathroom. 

Okay, whine over.  I am out the door….
signaturePamela

Fertilizer Friday

19 comments:

  1. So pretty. Have a great time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tour! Have fun and stay warm. We'll be anxious to hear about your camping adventure.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow beautiful garden photos. Safe travels, make happy memories. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful garden with so many beautiful blooms!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beautiful flowers in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful walk it was! Some of my favorite flowers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the tour of your lovely garden! those iris are beautiful!

    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful garden! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a very busy lady! But your garden is gorgeous, and will be wonderful to return to after your hectic weekend. Love the iris and lupine especially.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love love love that speckled iris - i've never seen one like that! so pretty! Dianthus is one of my favorites in the garden - so easy and comes back year after year! Can't have enough of those! Thanks for sharing over here at Fishtail Cottage's Garden party! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so LOVE the different colors of your Lupine! All of your other flowers are just beautiful. I enjoyed them all!!

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! love the creeping jenny there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pamela, Your iris are just beautiful! Love the lupines as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope it's warmer than expected. I'm with you - I hate to camp in the cold, period! Your flowers are so beautiful and they are beautifully photographed too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been to Yosemite so I'm a totally jealous. I hope it goes well for you.
    My mom had the grape kool-aid irises :-)
    Beautiful pictures!
    Happy to be stopping by from Fertilizer Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been featured this week over here!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your beautiful irises. The poppy is very cute! Are the Angels Choise? I wish you a great week! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm visiting from Fishtail Cottage - your gardens are GORGEOUS!! The flowers are all so vibrant and cheerful! Thank you for sharing!... Donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...