Thursday, May 3, 2012

She’s Coming Along

I had hoped to have her fully painted by today and ready to share complete with fluffy pink pillows or something frilly and pretty to set off her girly lines.
 
So far all we have to share is this.

DSC_0001

My next bench will be built with the Kreg Jig system thus no screws showing at all but for this prototype speed was more important than aesthetics.

If you missed the original post on this fabulous piece of seating here is the inspiration piece.

430768_378903298801544_202294739795735_1331608_1456624148_n[1]

As much as I wished to be painting on the bench and sewing up some plump pillows I have been keeping busy painting signs.

Purple signs…

DSC_0036

Doing something other than roses is a healthy stretch for my paintbrushes. Hydrangeas and pansies prevail.

DSC_0002-002

My website has been getting inquiries for Open/Closed signs and since I aim to please I have been working on some every chance I get.

blueopensignblueclosedsign

My jigsaw has been kept busy..

DSC_0006

I was in the mood for frou frou lines, just feelin girly, I guess.

DSC_0005

This tired old board begged for something fun so it got bugs.
Dragonflies and bees to be exact along with a ladybug or two.


DSC_0003

DSC_0004

That is what I have been up to this week. More bench fun to come, complete with some of the steps of building her!

bqt-btnsignaturePamelabqt-btn






Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Country Momma CooksFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialBetween Naps On The PorchMaking

6 comments:

  1. Love that "garden shed " sign. You do such a good job on these signs.
    I really need to buy one, just can't make up my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bench looks wonderful! love the signs, esp. the frou-frou ones:) beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bench and signs are fantastic! What lovely things you create!
    Visiting from Farmgirl Friday blog hop!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely and can't wait to see your finished product! Now I want one :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. your progress and inspiration piece are gorgeous!

    come visit my blog anytime!

    michele
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this post because in this post give very nice idea for sign boards. Thanks for sharing this post and I also appreciate your post.
    promotional lanyards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...