Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another beautiful day!

The weather has been spring like making it easier to work out of doors.  My bench is coming along and I will post the update soon with photos of us building it. 

I took the time Sunday morning to walk my gardens and see what was blooming.  My Hyacinths provide a sweet perfume that is pleasant as I walk thru the different blooms. 

DSC_0001

This was taken just a few days ago and now it has change already. As soon as the sun starts shining steadily and warms up the earth the garden begins to really get to work.

DSC_0002

One of my New Millennium Delphinium seedlings, in the past I have called them English Delphiniums but I should correct myself here.  This one was in my greenhouse and is already blooming but the ones I put out in the garden last Fall are cropping up just fine as well, they will take longer to produce blooms.

You can go here to see my post on starting these from seed.

DSC_0001

I have started a lot of these and I am going to plant them all in my garden, I love them! These were protected by wire to keep the chickens from digging them up as they hunted for worms.

DSC_0017

My Japanese Maple seedlings are all leafing out.  I will share my method of sprouting these guys soon, it is easy enough.  I had nabbed these seeds off the patio of a restaurant that was surrounded by Japanese Maples, the seeds littered the ground thickly.  I will have to try there again this Fall and see if I can get more.

DSC_0014

My Cecile Brunner climber is loaded with buds, the side I my chicken house this is clambering up will be awash with the spicy scented pink blooms soon.

DSC_0020

All of my Clematis are donning buds as well.  Each one is a different color.  They sure seem to like it here. 

DSC_0015

A thick carpet of Larkspur volunteering in the garden.

DSC_0019

And some purple flower signs I have been painting on.

DSC_0036


DSC_0035

And a couple rose signs to ship out today.

DSC_0002-002

DSC_0003-002

I certainly hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday.  Another sunny spring day here and out to the studio I go.  First I think I will put down some more Delphinium seeds, I can’t have too many!

signaturePamela
My Website


Domestically SpeakingA Delightsome Lifeshabby creek cottageff

6 comments:

  1. Your garden is lovely! I am a delphinium-aholic as well--have several starts growing under lights until it's time to plant them outside. And I also like the stone retaining wall in your flower beds--that with the tall garden art by the fire hydrant--I like the height it gives to the garden. I look forward to seeing it all in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color on the hyacinths! You have a lovely garden and I can't wait to see how it develops over the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so very lovely! You have an eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam - isn't it crazy what a couple days of sunshine does in the garden? It is always so exciting seeing everything come to life! Very curious to hear your secrets of starting the maples! I've found a few in my gardens and potted them to see if i could get them to continue growing....i'v had luck w/those, but never started from seeds!

    Thanks so much for linking up this week to the garden party....xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pamela - I look forward to you sharing your Maple seed method - sounds wonderful. I need to get out there to get cuttings to root some plants - I wish I could grow Delphinium - they're gorgeous - but it gets too hot too fast here!
    I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are lovely. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...