Thursday, July 19, 2012

Vintage Saloon sign

I have finally finished a sign for myself.  I am slowly figuring out what I want to do in my kitchen and dining area.  Including the color combo.  

This is my inspiration sign.

Secesh 036

But I painted it in my color scheme, red and sky blue.

saloon

The roses are not quite the correct red but I can redo them once I track down what I am looking for.  Here it is in place above our sliding glass doors.

saloonsign

It really is centered but the photo is deceptive.  The chicken cabinet to the left will be relocated and I am still brainstorming whether I want some curtains here or not. 

I want to do another Saloon sign for my website but I think I will do yellow roses.  But I am not sure what to name it instead of Wild Rose, maybe plain old Yellow Rose Saloon.  If you have any ideas just let me know.  

On another note, I found a great little table at our local thrift shop.  I am thinking of painting it with some kind of decoration on top.  

table

It looks as if someone used it as a plant stand at one time.

table2

I love the straight simple lines.  I have more flower photos to share, but that will be another post.  I want to go out and enjoy my garden tonight.

signaturePamelaCome visit me in my studio and see what I have been up to






Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFarmgirl Friday Blog HopFurniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Country Momma CooksFrench Country CottageI Heart Nap Time

11 comments:

  1. i need some tips: how do you paint the shades of roses? I love painting signs but somehow they dont turn up that great :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am a sucker for vintage signs anyway! Thanks for sharing....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sign - it has a true vintage feel. Visiting from CountryMommaCooks linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sign with the roses the way they are. I found you from Miss Mustard Seed's link party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the signs! Very Inspiring!

    Just stopping by to let you know I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog and The Very Inspiring Blog Awards! Stop by my blog to accept in the comments and pass this along!

    http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cool saloon sign!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sign - good idea for your website too.

    To curtain or not, that's a tough one. Valances. Blinds. Cafe. None. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sign turned out great. I really like the color scheme you used and the style of lettering. It's a great addition above your door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty!!! As a Texan, a "Yellow Rose Saloon" would be great :-)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...