Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chickie update!

I know many are anxiously awaiting an update on my little friends.  Sorry I have been slow in posting more photos for you.I am so intrigued with the different coloration on them all even though they are the same breed. The one closest to the front look rather like a penguin.

DSC_0019

They are already starting to feather out and I need to cut some wire to put over the bin they are in so they won’t be able to fly out. 

DSC_0021

I have been attempting to handle the a lot so they will not be so skittish as they grow up but I think I need to do it more, they still run from me whenever I poke my hand into their brooder.

DSC_0022

Here is a short video of them cheeping.

The latest Peep

 
I have been painting away and that is the reason for not being online here in a few days.  I have had a few special orders and I needed to get them out quickly.

Here are a couple signs I finished up this week.

desktop

DSC_0001-002

Enjoy your Sunday evening.

signaturePamela

My Website


Between Naps On The Porch

6 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! Thanks so much for giving us a report. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sweet and the little cheeps... gorgeous! I love the little one that looks like a penguin. The signs look fabulous.
    Have a good week
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, how cute... what age do they get to come out of their brooder and go outside?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The babies are so cute! I like the 'penguin' the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable chicks! Made me smile and I love your signs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to believe my girls are now two years old! I don't remember what life before fresh, constantly-appearing eggs was like.

    I've always used the same sweet-sounding "chick-chick-chick" call whenever I fed them and they come whenever I call. Pretty cute to see them run full tilt towards me from whatever corner of the yard they're in. Enjoy your chicks--don't you feel like you can see them change daily!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...