Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Front Porch Art (or Back Porch)

I woke this morning to grey skies and rain.  Yesterday was gorgeous and I was stuck at a desk doing taxes.  But it is a relief to get the majority of that all off my list so I shall try not to complain.

I have been painting on special orders and this past year I have branched out into larger pieces which I choose to call Porch Art.  I have seen porches, decks and verandas decorated as another room and they include artwork which seems to just pull the room together. 

I paint mine on either cedar or redwood planks cleated together.  Using those types of wood makes them more suitable for outdoor use and able to endure the elements better, though I have not had any trouble with the pine board signs outdoors as long as I protect them well with some exterior varathane.

Some of the wood is reclaimed and has nail holes and other marks that give each piece unique character. 

This rose painting is the very first I one created and it has long since sold.
rosesfreshdaily

The second one has a Hydrangea as the motif.  It has also sold. 

DSC_0010

This is my latest rose painting and is still available on my website.  The two above were painted on redwood and cedar fence boards and this one was on reclaimed boards from a house remodel, you can see how rough around the edges it is, which I attempted to accentuate.

lifesweetblog

Now for my latest masterpiece!  I realized I had leaned towards a lot of pink on the former paintings so I went with more grey,blues and a bit of lavender…this is also my largest one. 

stepintogarden2

I spotted this saying somewhere on the internet and loved it immediately and knew I had to do a painting for it. 

I took a photo further back in hopes of letting you get the scale of it.  It is sitting beside my French Doors of my studio.

stepintogarden1

I need to stage my back deck like an outdoor room and set these up to really show how they should look.  I will have to wait for fine weather as my back deck is not covered. 

Today I have special order signs to paint and a few to add to my website.  I enjoy the painting but the editing, resizing of photos and adding them to my website with descriptions is tedious and I have to discipline myself to get that done.

I hope everyone enjoys this lovely new day…the rain is trying to turn to snow here now but we have clear skies predicted for tomorrow so I can endure a day of rain and snow with relative cheer.

signaturePamela

 My Website


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Domestically Speakingshabby creek cottageBeyond The Picket FenceCountry Momma CooksJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, What wonderful paintings you created. Just love them. Great quote too and the colors are all lovely. Sounds like it was a good day to paint. I love to be in the studio painting on a rainy or cloudy day. It just feels cozy and inspiring to me.
    Have fun creating and have a great mid week.
    Thank you for stopping by.
    Hugs, CMD

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is this!? Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your signs are Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty signs! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...