Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baby It’s Hot out There!

I know many of you have endured endless heat this summer while we basked in the upper 80’s.  But now the heat has hit California with a vengeance. It was even 91 in Bear Valley today, that is at the 7000 foot elevation. (this is located in Northern California and is not related to Big Bear is S. CA)

We cleaned today, a couple houses and a couple condos. Many of the homes are built is such a way as to take advantage of some spectacular views.

This is the view from one of the homes.  It does not sit on the lake (I will try to remember my camera on our next workday)but the views are still lovely. We sat on the deck and ate our lunch.

DSC_0002

The big fluffy clouds were building over the ridge.

DSC_0003

Before heading out to work I did manage some more time in the garden.  I wanted to make sure everything was well watered and able to endure the heat expected today.

Have I shared my pink phlox yet?

pinkphlox

I have mentioned before the abundance of bumblebees we have this year, but I have also noted some honey bees.  I wonder where their hive is.

yellowrose.

Dreamweaver.

dreamweaver

One of my pelargoniums from seed.

speckles

Now it is dark out and I am headed for some sleep.  Tomorrow we run to the valley for some shopping, it is to be a toasty one, over 100 degrees, I will pack the ice chest.

Good night…
signaturePamela



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating Fertilizer Friday

11 comments:

  1. How I love Big Bear! When we lived in San Diego we used to go camping in Big Bear. It is such a beautiful area...and, I know it gets hot!
    thanks for sharing this wonderful post!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow Californian! Yeah, I am a hit-and-miss fashionista too.

    Popping in from Shabby's link party.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the phlox and roses, and the beautiful scenery at Big Bear! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have different colors of phlox, yours is beautiful. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    Wedding Anniversary Pink, your comment will mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I adore Phlox - my Mom used to grow them, so they remind me of her. Loved the shots of your view, also. I used to live in Sacramento and miss going to the mountains. What beautiful country! Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view of Big Bear! One of the perks of cleaning is getting to experience all the great views of the houses!!!

    Your pink phlox is gorgeous. I have some phlox that is a white and it tries to take over my flower beds. Does this phlox become pretty aggressive too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers, I love that geranium, very pretty. I can't wait til my roses are flowering again(I'm in Australia), I pruned them last month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers, pinks and yellows! Just beautiful. Awesome views too.
    It's hot hot hot here - but that's Texas.
    Enjoyed your post!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and peaceful. The flowers are so lovely..

    Visiting from Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/08/new-hello-kitty-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything is gorgeous! I hope you get reliefI thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I always feel so privelaged to know that inspiration is just a click away when need a bit of a boost for my spirits! It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...landscaping and ideas that all the participants share, and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I have shared your post today with my facebook page for Tootsie Time. I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•. from the heat soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...