Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Day

Another day is ending.  I have painted signs and sent photos to customers, this is one I was stuck on and got some direction from the customer.

DSC_0002

Vacuum and mopped my entire house (love my Shark steam mop!) That was my workout today. 

I photographed my scarf for the website, I am not sure if I want to add the flower or leave it off. 

DSC_0001

I rather like the flower, I can offer it on the scarf but make it removable.  Still debating that one…

DSC_0002

I made the starter for my Cheddar Crusty loaves first thing so it would be ready by dinner time.  They turned out even better than I had hoped.  I am enjoying my new ($4 thrift store) bread machine.  I wore out my last one.  

 The recipe is linked below, I shaped the bread incorrectly, the recipe was on the back of the King Arthur bread flour sack (I use King Arthur exclusively, it is pricier but the flavor is well worth the added expense) so I did not see photos until I went to their site. 

DSC_0003
Recipe for this bread, I used cheddar and no pizza flavoring.
I have been trying to work on projects for me or I should say for our house, I have to fit it in around all the sign orders.

  My kitchen cabinets are in desperate need of repainting.  They are not stained, the original paint has just worn completely off in high usage areas like around the knobs.

DSC_0006

Yes, they do look this bad.  Several of the cabinet doors that are used frequently look like this.   Thankfully I have the low odor no VOCs paint so I can paint some in place and not have to contend with the nasty paint fumes.   I have one door started, one I cannot really remove easily, it is the trash drawer door.  The rest I can remove and take to the studio to paint.    I will finish them off with a couple coats of varathane for greater longevity.
  But to be honest these have not been painted for 5 years and we do use the kitchen heavily so I have to say this first paint job held up well.  Especially in light of all the scrubbing they have received.

DSC_0005

We also made a trip to the chiropractor, I was in desperate need of an adjustment, I have been combating a nasty headache for 3 weeks and finally took care of the cause.  On our way we stopped to get feed for my chickens so a dual purpose trip.  So a full day for me. 

At least it was sunny today.  My sweet husband chipped all the ice from the back steps so now I can jog up and down them all day from the studio and not worry about landing on my patootie.  The temps were just not warming enough to do the job at all.

Goodnight to all…
signaturePamela


Transformation Thursday

8 comments:

  1. wow, wow have you been busy,, beautiful painting and scarf and such yummy bread.I was tired just reading all this!!
    I have had to start a whole new blog, I have been a follower of yours and I have been trying to find all my blogs I follow, my whole blog was lost , I'm glad I found you, I hope if you followed my old one you might follow my new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cheddar loaves look delicious! I've "stolen" my mom's old bread machine & am trying to learn to use it and make different breads. Could I get your recipe for the cheddar loaves?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa. I have posted the link for the recipe of the bread. I hope you get this, you are a 'no-reply' blogger so I could not email you directly. Sorry. Enjoy this recipe is very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did have a busy day and lots accomplished! The bread looks sooooo good!!! I love bread! The sign looks beautiful and I like the flower on the scarf, very pretty. :)
    I hope you are feeling better and yes Pinterest will consume you, it is rather addicting but if you are resting on the couch that would be a perfect time. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf is beautiful! I like it with the flower, but making it detachable is a great idea. That bread really looks yummy!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! Nice to " see " you today!
    I love all you've been up to inside and out! great scarf ( flower fan here ) bread looks very good. I've been threatning to get a bread maker for some time. What brand is your bargain bread maker? Thanks for linking up with the farmgirls today!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf is lovely with or without the flower. Those rolls look so good my mouth was watering looking at em. My cabinets need painting too, but I'm still thinking about what to do with them. They're medium oak stained, I am thinking about a crisp white to brighten up this room. I love your cabinets and knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already told you how great this project is so it should come as no surprise that I will be featuring you on this weeks Amaze Me Monday. My cabinets need painting too, but I'm still thinking about what to do after Christmas.
    gifts for boys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...