How do you settle on a blog post when you have a million ideas running thru your brain? I have so many things I want to blog about. When my brain starts to overflow with ideas and my thoughts whirl about it is time to make a list. Here is a list of blog posts and/or projects I want to do.
1. I want to build and do a tutorial on building a potting bench like this:
sorry the photo is blurry. I have another shot of one similar I had spotted at a Garden show in Boise last spring but I can’t find it. I have the material setting in the garage awaiting a warm enough day I can stand to work out there. I love my creature comforts, like being warm!
2. I want to write a post on starting rose cuttings using an old wood box and an aquarium. I started a ton off my roses..
3. I want to write a post on facing fore closure and how you can only go up from here. I am certain others are facing such a fate thru no fault of their own, so many are and yet you can look at it as an opportunity rather than a disaster. We are facing it now and maybe this is a start on a new adventure. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my little yellow house, we have brought it up from a humble mountain chalet to our cottage with a wrap around porch. It took us years to get it where we wanted it.
But sometimes reality is a tough pill to swallow and you just gotta swallow it! Might as well make the most of it. I see this as the chance to move down out of the snow. I am so tired of it and the short growing season I have here so I can see the bright side. I will do a post soon and let you see the inside.
4. I want to do a post on revamping my Studio. I want to gussy it up and make it more of a show room of my painted treasures. (my hubby swears he will dismantle and take my studio with us when we must leave, that should be a trick!) I want to do more furniture fix ups and build more from scratch. I love working with wood.
5. I want to make a pallet garden and plant if full of herbs to sit out the kitchen door. Makes it easy to get to while cooking. I can easily take it with me too. I will be sure to share the step by step with you.
6. I have some crazy ideas of working with burlap. I have been inspired by so many things I have seen in blog land. I enjoy seeing all the projects and the instructions on working with different textiles, it sparks new ideas for me. I love painting so you know I will be painting on the burlap!
7. I want to share some of our favorite recipes. Like our homemade pizza dough. We like it better than any restaurant or fast food pizza and it is so easy with a bread machine (mine was a thrift store find so no great expense in getting one). I have an excellent french baguette recipe as well, it was most likely the reason I put on 10 pounds this winter. It was worth it. (I have lost it again, thank goodness!)
That is only 7, I can list more but I will leave you with that. And I need to decide how to define this blog. It is not just a garden blog, painting blog or a decorating blog. I am not sure where I fit in, I just know I enjoy it. So you will get a mish mash of what is going on and know you can always expect the unexpected.
As for my root canal this morning, it went without a hitch. My mouth is sore but for the most part I am out of pain, with the help of Advil to curb the ache from them wrenching on it for an hour. I still have to get the crown put on and that will be done in a couple weeks. I am glad it is done.
Afterward I ran to the grocery store and post office. Came home, ate some lunch and started to paint on signs. I received a couple more orders today so my work list is beginning to stack up. I really need to pot up some more seedlings, they are outgrowing their community pots and need their own pots to stretch their roots out in.
I will try to get that done tomorrow. Another small storm rolling thru but we are to get rain instead of snow.
Until we meet again…sweet dreams.