Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Fall Table

With my husband off on a trip my table is bare, he tends to use it as his computer desk and it is normally covered with his work, much to my dismay.

I have found an inexpensive flat screen t.v. in a good size to place on our office wall to lure him back in there.  He claims he does not like being tucked back there to work but when I mentioned putting up a t.v. his eyes lit up so I know it is having that constant noise as his backdrop that keeps him in our living area.

So that being said while he is gone I have set the table to be pretty for a bit.

This is the table we had built together nearly 2 years ago, go here for that post if you wish.



We are getting ready to build another, I have a few changes I want to make in the size but this one has worked great and I still love it. 

I have some transferware dishes I love, some green burlap I intend to make a couple hand painted table runners from, a bit of vintage linen and some fresh from the garden flowers!  All perfect for a Fall Tablescape and it was all on hand!

tablesetting1
I was dinking around with different effects in PicMonkey so forgive the discrepancies.

I have some old crochet placemats that I picked up at a thrift store.  I had though to use them all but decided one in the center was enough.  I wanted the vintage linen napkins to show up well against the green burlap table cover.

tablesetting2

It was not the best lighting at the time but I had to go with it.

 Even with the less than stellar lighting this looks way more inviting that a laptop computer and all its paraphernalia!

DSC_0012

A frosted mason jar is a fitting vase for the splash of Fall colors in the casual bunch of flowers, I love the little touch of white from the miniature roses tucked in.

Saturday is the first day of Autumn and I am prepping my garden slowly but surely.  I am collecting seeds of hollyhocks, rudbeckias, daisies and whatever else I find that has ripe seeds.

Now I am heading out to the studio to do a couple more painting videos.  The ones I made before I am not pleased with so stayed tuned.  I am definitely not talented in the videoing department!
signaturePamela


The Lettered Cottage

3 comments:

  1. Oh how inviting...you prettied it up A LOT! I love your bead board in the background BTW too! I have a thing for bead board big time!
    My flowers are starting to bloom again after this past oven-fried Summer. Even though I watered they just couldn't take it but they're coming around now finally....just in time for a frost! LOL! I haven't been by in awhile so it's good to see you still doing your "creative" stuff! Love the table...what's for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very lovely. Love the green. Finally, the heat is subsiding and I'm able to get back out in the garden for winter planting and the such. There are such beautiful mums in the nurseries but just a bit early I believe. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    I just posted a photo of my Rubekia's too. I love your green tableclothe and your transferware.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...