Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Building a Little House in 4 Days (or at least part of one)

Update time! 

The past week has been wild and wooly.  Today we are trying to recover after some long days working our sweet patooties off.  We are so tired we can barely see straight even after a good nights sleep.

Yesterday, the customers came and stayed about an hour looking, touching the little house and talking.  Now they wish to see another prototype of composite materials.  So we will do this again soon.

But here is this one in a nutshell.  We took this….
IMG_1679

and turned it into this between Thursday and Monday…
actually this photo does not show all that was completed, I guess we were so busy we did not take a photo of what was done up to the minute the customers arrived but this is close.

IMG_1711

All I can say is thank goodness Randy had space enough for us to do this indoors as it poured rain a good portion of the weekend, not light showers but pouring deluges that would’ve made it impossible to do this outdoors. 

Some more shots…
DSCN0538

The inside..
DSCN0536

This little baby is about 320 square feet, the requested size for this demo.  The bedrooms could barely hold a queen size bed and not a thing else.  This home is a model to house construction workers building housing in disaster areas.  Simple, bare bones but far more than what they currently have. 

The first day, Thursday, was spent cutting sheeting and lumber to size plus laying out and getting ready to start assembling.

DSCN0418

Assembly started on Friday
DSCN0437

And Saturday the first wall was lifted into place


First wall going up!
I was not much help until it came time to paint.  Saturday I was just a gopher but Sunday I dug in and started painting.

DSCN0514

And painting..

DSCN0522

And a little bit of goofing off..Randy never even knew I was behind him.

IMG_1714

A middle wall going up…the walls are bolted together so we can dismantle it..


And we start dismantling tomorrow.  If all else fails we can always find somewhere to put this little house and move into it ourselves.  Quite a few of Randy’s employees liked it so well they want one.  Winking smile

We have actually been enjoying some blessed sunshine today.  I even forced myself out the door before 6:30 am to enjoy a nice invigorating long walk this morning.  Thanks, Chris for the incentive!

The rest of this day has been a total tosser but we did accomplish much over the weekend so we are entitled to a day of rest.  I am still trying to figure out what day it is, I am lost after being so focused on the little house.

I need to get it together, I have a bunch of sign orders to get finished and shipped. 
I hope this post made sense, my brain is a noodle so getting this written today was quite a task!

Later all…signaturePamela



I will party here...

4 comments:

  1. WOW you have been busy! It looks great Pam and such a great idea. You are too cute in the picture with the bunny ears! :)
    Enjoy your break and I hope the sunshine stays out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in South Florida, and seeing and going through hurricanes and the disaster of the aftermath, I can see BIG value of the little house! Hope it can be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am a new follower. Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday, because your blog is great.. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...