Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Home again.

We are back from our trek to empty our former home in Idaho.  We lived there a short 9 months and when we packed up to leave last summer we left behind a TON of stuff. 

I know there is a saying if you haven’t used it in a year then chuck it and basically it has been a year since all of this “stuff” has resided outside of my home, but there is a LOT of it I missed.  Things like my large wool rug that goes in my living room, my larger couch (I have another we have been using for the past year), my queen sized guest bedroom set and several items for my kitchen. 

There is a ton I need to get rid of as well…here it is all shoved into my living room until I can go thru it and get rid of what needs dumping and putting away the rest. 

DSC_0027

There is only a narrow walkway to the kitchen then down the hall to the office and downstairs bath.  Both are equally jammed with stuff and look similar to this.  

To say this is overwhelming for me is an understatement and I will have to piece meal it all, I have orders to fill and a contract to review and negotiate so I cannot give sorting and organizing this mess much time.

On to brighter things…before we left I had a rush order for 2 signs and I managed to whip them out…the customer loved them, I rather enjoyed painting them as well so I thought I would share them. 

She is opening a new shop in North Carolina this weekend and I hope all goes well for her. The first one is the name of her shop and the second is a verse from a song. 

carolinas

DSC_0023

Our trip was hectic and the weather was pleasant until we were headed home with a trailer load of furniture.  It never rains here in summer, at least not anything to bother with and what do we get to drive thru…pouring, drenching rain from just about Colfax.  Thankfully my husband had the foresight to stop just before this and to re-tarp the trailer, the first had ripped open just outside of Winnemucca and some of the tie downs came loose.  We lost a ladder and had to retrieve it and wasn’t that tricky on a busy freeway.  We were just thankful we were basically alone on the road the moment it flew off and no disaster occurred.

This morning I was greeted by numerous new blooms, they were heavy with rain drops but a glorious sight for this weary soul.

My favorite iris “Sultan”
DSC_0025

Golden Celebration rose

DSC_0017

The poppies looked a little overwhelmed with the weight of the water droplets but there is to be warm sunshine tomorrow so I am sure they shall recover. 

DSC_0019

I am much too tired to share them all but maybe I can send a few more shots this week.

My husband leaves in the morning to make another run to get more stuff, this time business equipment.  I don’t like him going alone but I have much to take care of here at home. 

Good night to all.. I hope to catch up on sleep so I can tackle the gargantuan task of setting to right my house while trying to keep up with painting. 

First thing in the morning though I will walk the garden sipping my coffee and enjoying any fresh blooms. 

signaturePamela
My website

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about missing your stuff. I currently have stuff in storage and cannot wait to get to it. It will be like Christmas when I finally bring it all back home! Your flowers are gorgeous! I especially love the Golden Celebration rose.

    I hope you were able to get your rest and enjoy your stroll through the garden this morning.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck going through and sorting. Just keep remembering the end result - everything you love in your new home! It will really help to complete the "feeling" of home, too. When you get overwhelmed, just go out into the garden for a break. You have some lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a deep breath and get a good night's sleep, you poor thing! You are so talented with your signs! Luv them! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love raindrops on flowers. They're magnificent. I have one of those Sultans but didn't know that was the name of it. They're so pretty. Looks like you have some work ahead of you with the moving and things to go through. Ah, moving, something most of us aren't too fond of. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, Your roses are so pretty. Hope you enjoy your new home. Take your time, it will get done. Don't wear yourself out!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golden Celebration is gorgeous! I grew one a few years back but lost it over a harsh winter. So lovely to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's at Fishtail Cottage! dang rain, but your blooms are still so pretty! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...