Friday, March 18, 2011

Sprouts, Peeps and Snow!

Early this morning as I walked to my hen house with scrap bucket in hand I enjoyed the sweet spring song of the birds. It was bittersweet knowing that a storm was rolling in, more snow was predicted. Sigh!
After tossing the scraps to the hens and collecting the eggs I grabbed my camera to photograph the wee bit of spring about to be buried again. 
rosebuds
Budding roses
littlerosebud
Tulips braving the chill
springish
And larkspur that self seeded into the potted roses
larkspur
I worried about my greenhouse facing another onslaught of snow and wonder if the roof will hold enough to protect all my freshly started seeds.
greenhousedamage
And then a spirit lifting surprise…a sprout from the little seeds I potted up only yesterday!
sprout
It is tiny but it is there!  On that happy note I put my camera away and went to work.  I had signs to paint.  I finished an order…
lroses
and shipped the winner of my sign giveaway her choice..

I went to visit the chicks to see how they are filling out.
chikies
They have fairly doubled in size and are mostly feathered out. It was hard to get a decent shot.   As I headed home from mom’s (where the chicks are residing at present) it began to snow.  This is winter’s last hurrah, or so I keep telling myself.  It has been snowing for about 4 hours now and we have at least a foot already.  Oh well before we know it the sun will shine daily and the garden will be in full bloom.  I will spend my day tomorrow trying to catch up on sign orders. 
Enjoy your evening…
signaturePamela

4 comments:

  1. I love the little sprout in the cup. It really wants to grow up doesn't it!

    The chicks are adorable. My sister in Alaska has a little chicken coop.I used to love when she sent a video of the baby chicks learning to scratch the ground. One of the chicks used to follow my little niece around and it used to love being pushed inside of a wheelbarrow!

    Love larkspurs. I always get them confused with snapdragons. They are both really pretty flowers.

    Hoping this will be your last snow fall and that Spring will push Old man Winter away

    Have a great weekend dear!
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that little seed sprouted in one day. Now I'm going to really have to try your "seeds in the refrigerator" trick.
    Wonderful photos....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Spring, I wish it would stay spring all year:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our roses seem to be at about the same stage. That little seed sprouted quick. For sure going to have to try the fridge idea. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...