Saturday, May 3, 2014

How I do hand Lettering for my signs

I have been asked a few times how I do the lettering on my hand painted signs. 
Since I had a special order sign to do I decided to make a video painting some lettering.
Learn to Paint Lettering

To just tell you with photos is really not going to help but I can say that I typically print out the wording, transfer to my surface (sign) with graphite paper and then fill in with brush strokes. 

I did both a script or cursive video and a block print video then spliced them together to get one video for both types of lettering.
This sign below is the one I used for the print demo and the sign above for the script or cursive. 
chezmichael
I can’t claim to improving much in the video department, I still get my pallet in the way, my audio level changes with which way I am facing as I paint and I at times get my hand in the way of the camera but I do think you will come away with a general idea of how I get my lettering painted.
To see the video just click on either photo above, which will open another window, or CLICK HERE.

Check back in soon and I will share some signs I painted up to put in the Gallery and another painting video I am editing now for your viewing pleasure.
Have a great rest of the weekend!


signaturePamela 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...