Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day.
We say goodbye to some special friends.
They are moving to be closer to family, which is a good thing for them but a sad circumstance for us.
On the upside, we get to have a large going away party for them and there will be FOOD.
Lots and lots of very good food.
I love food.
The sun will shine, the temps may reach the upper 70’s (if we are fortunate, been on the cool side the past few days here on this mountain) and we will be with friends.
My latest fave ‘to go’ dish is….. Greek Pasta Salad.
Most everyone loves it and if you are fortunate enough to get to take any home…
it is even better the next day.
It is easy to make too…
Can it get any better than that?
Greek Pasta Salad
Recipe from My Recipes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound gemelli or other short pasta
- 3/4 medium English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved $
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved (I cheat if I don’t have enough Kalamata I use black olives to supplement)
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 3 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- 1. Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil until well combined.
- 2. Make salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, or as label directs. Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients, toss with dressing and serve.
Take a copy of the recipe with you.
You will be asked for it!
Have a fantastic weekend!