Saturday, November 10, 2012

Welcome to a Snowy Day

Maybe you enjoy the snow and perhaps you do not.  Though I am not a big fan of snow (it gets in my way) I can appreciate it for its merits.

DSC_0002

It is lovely to look at when fresh and makes for a brighter day, the reflection of light off all the white dispels a bit of the dreariness of winter. (even though it is not technically winter yet)

DSC_0001 

The apple tree next door draws these garden eating rascals.

DSC_0006

 They brazenly come down out of the forest to forage for the fallen ripe fruit. They don’t even bother to come to my yard this morning, it is already eaten to a nub and what is left is fully covered with snow.

DSC_0011

All five of them seem to be quite stout, probably all the delicious flowers and green tomatoes they ate in my garden through the Fall.

DSC_0012

The road has a nasty little patch of ice on it and they had to gingerly pick their way back across.

DSC_0014

I tried to get a good photos of the baby but he was too skittish. 

DSC_0009

I figured the lake would make for some pretty shots so I hopped in my Burb and trucked on down there though I had not even finished my first cup of coffee. 

DSC_0003

The scenery seems very monochromatic in the early morning light.

DSC_0008

The resident geese.

backwoo

They ran into the water as I tried to get a closer shot.

DSC_0011

Many of the trees still bear their fall foliage.  I think after the frigid temps of this storm they will drop them swiftly.

The cedar, sugar pines and firs all look almost festive.

DSC_0007

Now that I have regaled you with a look at my morning I need to get to work.  I have spent the past couple of days cooking up a storm and getting things in order so I can spend a few days just painting. 

I have my fridge full of ready made healthy meals that I can grab and eat with not having to worry about stopping to prepare something.  Just reheat.

Now to get to painting.  Of course I shall share, whether I like them or not.

Ta…

signaturePamela

2 comments:

  1. Mother nature at her best. Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow may "get in your way" and later on, I'm sure, it gets to be an annoyance... but OH,THESE PHOTOS!! They are beautiful... absolutely beautiful!
    No snow here, but it's suppose to be freezing tomorrow morning.
    Those deer that are looking "stout" may be pregnant. Your photos of them are really quite good. That first one of the doe looking though the snow covered branches is wonderful.
    Enjoy the beauty...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...