Monday, April 25, 2011

An old shovel and more flowers!

We had a lovely weekend despite the constant rain showers.  We attended a fine dinner party for a friend who recently remarried and took a day to just recharge.  I have been working on a more in depth about me page to share but it is not ready just yet. 

My husband and I have made Mondays our dig in and spring clean 2 rooms of the house day.  We have managed to stick to that plan for two weeks now and what a difference it makes.  We have been organizing, tossing and cleaning like a couple of Tasmanian devils but the result is well worth the effort. 

I have quite a few painting books I need to get rid of and am debating between listing them on eBay or just putting them on a page of my website.  Either way it is a tedious task though it will get more clutter removed from this house and if we have to move in the next few months it will make for less stuff to pack up and move. 

I have a fun little project to share today, I transformed a rusty old shovel head with a bit of painting.  I did not photo a step by step as I was just in the mood to paint and did just that..but if you want to try something like this I would highly recommend any of the painting books by Debbie Toews.  That is where I got this pattern and she gives the easiest instructions so that you are well pleased with the result first time out of the box. 

DSC_0003

I love the rustiness of the shovel with the graphic of the outhouse and quilt.  I am not sure where I will display this, maybe I will hang it on my potting bench I plan to build.  Now with that project I will do a step by step for you.  I am still waiting for sunny weather to tackle that project and according the the weatherman we are in for 7 days of clear skies and mild temps so just maybe this week I can get it done.
DSC_0004

I also promised more photos of our little jaunt to Ironstone.  They have more than just tulips planted in their numerous barrels.  I do love Dutch Iris’, you can see the raindrops still clinging to the petals..
DSC_0112


DSC_0114

Some fluffy ranunculus’
DSC_0105

They have loads of azaleas planted in the grounds, there were only a few blooming but I am sure they will be a blaze of color very soon. 
DSC_0130

These are by the front door of the tasting room.
DSC_0121

DSC_0119

They include some old mining equipment in their display..
DSC_0131

Still a few daffodils left, must be late bloomers..
DSC_0122

Even in smaller pots mass planting of tulips is eye-catching.
DSC_0128

I hope to get back to Ironstone and find those lilacs and maybe the wisteria will be in full bloom as well. 

Until we meet again..ta ta

signaturePamela
My website
watercan




OWThe Girl CreativeTip Junkie handmade projectsToday's Creative BlogDomestically SpeakingBeyond The Picket FencegiveawaysDesigner GardenJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!Funky Junk's Sat Nite Speciallinkingpartybadge copy

25 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!
    O love the shovel! If seen some people who have saw's and things painted and i think it's great. But his shovel is very lovely too!

    And great flowers... oh i want some sun!

    Thanks
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has sprung!! Lookin' lovely and i love the shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful flowers and love the artwork my mother the gardener would love it as well come see my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shovel painting is a great idea! you did a good job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those flowers are beautiful..:) Love it. Happy Rednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos! The shovel looks amazing! I always wished that I could paint like that. Alas, my talents must lie elsewhere (not sure where yet).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Pam I would be there every weekend just to look @ the flowers lol.Love the painting on the shovel you are so creative(me not so much.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post! Love all the spring flowers!! And the shovel is just too cute...love it!
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything with a quilt on it, even a shovel. Lovely stroll among the flowers too - nice start to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pretty things to look at in this post! I love that shovel, because I'm crazy about shovels, and that outhouse reminds me of the one that still stands in my grandparents' backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shovel is so pretty...how talented you are. It looks beautiful right where you have it placed. The images of all the colorful flowers are heavenly....I cannot wait for all of our to finally burst forth. Such a lovely post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shovel is wonderful and the flowers are absoultely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet posting! Loving all those beautiful flowers. That shovel is cute as heck! Have a great, sunny week. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the wine barrels filled with tulips and how about the wine was it good?
    hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. You turned a rusty shovel into a work of art!

    THE SEEKER OF RUBY AND RED

    The seeker of ruby and red
    Will not let green go to her head;
    Instead she will seek
    Her senses to pique
    With cherry and crimson instead.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


    Stunning Red Rocks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading...and trying to find my favorite thing...and I can't pick just one! this is a gorgeous flaunt! the pots are perfect...the iris's are gorgeous...WOW!
    you should make sure to link this to Fertilizer Friday and Flaunt it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing color! I like the look of the industrial gears with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your shovel! WOnderful job on it - makes me want to paint and I am not an artist! I love the buckets of flowers too - lovely. Thanks for sharing. Paula in IDaho
    http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/
    p.s. great idea to clean a couple of rooms a week with your hubby~!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful painting job you did to the shovel. It looks lovely. My what a display of beautiful blooms.The buckets of flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty place! Love your shovel:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that shovel is wonderful! Love the detail. And really diggin' that mining equipment display! How cool!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Visiting from FJI. That is the prettiest shovel I've ever seen. And you're painting skills are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's - i agree with everyone that the shovel is awesome! You have an amazing talent! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Pamela! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...