Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Faster and Easier Window Cleaning, Tips from a Pro!

I have seen a few window cleaning posts online but none of them supplied the one tip that really made my window cleaning efforts so much faster and easier.
When I am not painting up signs, recording fabulous videos for you all and trying to work on my house a bit….
I clean vacation cabins and condos  to make a living. 
  I was taught many a tip and trick to be more effective by someone who has done it professionally a lot longer than I and had a window cleaning business at one time. 

Clean your windows like a proOne tip especially speeded up my window cleaning.
So I thought to share  with you.

First, gather your tools.
I use a bucket of warm water with a couple drops dishwashing liquid. 
  My favorite for this was the original Lemon Fresh Joy (not concentrate) and I have not found that in a long time.
So now I use a Dawn Hawaiian scent.
(don’t use one that has moisturizers in it)
Absorbent towels that have not been washed with fabric softener
A good squeegee
A glass safe scrubby sponge.
(the yellow sponge with a green side is NOT glass safe)

The spray bottle has a homemade cleaner in it that I use for most everything.
Mix in a one gallon plastic jug:
I gallon water
1 cup rubbing alcohol (90%, not the 50%, if you use the 50% then use 2 cups)
1/4 cup ammonia
2tsp dishwashing liquid
Be sure to put the dishwashing liquid in last.

window cleaning blue
Spray the dirty window with your fancy dancy homemade cleaner.
The alcohol and ammonia help cut grime.
(some like vinegar instead of ammonia in the mix but I don’t find it as effective)

window cleaning 2
Take your sponge, dip in bucket of barely soapy water and squeeze it out a bit, not too dry.
Depending on how grimy the window you may need it to be rather wet.
If you need to….use the scrubby side to get off tough stuff.
(This is the wrong sponge to do that with, that is why I made sure to put a photo of the glass safe scrubby sponge in the photo with the tools)

window cleaning 3
Now here is the tip that really made it go faster for me…
Take your towel over a finger and rub it along the top and edges
window cleaning 4
Start your squeegee on either side with the top and one edge in the dry areas created by your towel covered finger.
Wipe squeegee with dry towel between some of the swipes.
 
window cleaning 5

What makes it so much faster is there is no cleaning up drips left from the squeegee.
Once you are done squeegeeing it they are sparkling clean.
No streaks.
final window
Happy Spring cleaning everyone!

signaturePamela

7 comments:

  1. Nice tips...Best Cleaning service company offer affordable and convenient cleaning packages that are tailor made to suit your precise needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela! Thanks for those amazing tips. I've always thought that clean windows make a beautiful house. I've always had an amazing living room and I love flaunting it to the passer-bys outside my home, so I always make sure that my windows are sparkling clean. The tips you gave are going to make cleaning my windows an easier job. I tend to laze about doing it for a while, but I really want to try this out. Again, thank you so much! :)

    Lewis Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a whole arsenal to get your windows spotless! I'm so impressed with these instructions to get your window cleaning done to perfection. I'm going to get all of those supplies together, and clean the whole houses windows this weekend. I really appreciate your expertise!
    Celine | http://www.crystalclearwindows.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had hard water deposits on my windows for years. I have always been a terrible house keeper. I will try some of these though. Hopefully, I will be able to see the sunrise tomorrow. http://www.swindowcleaning.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks

    Howtostartcleaningbusiness.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. The windows on my house are very dirty. Unfortunately, the windows are very tall, and I have no way of getting to them in order to wash them. I think that I am going to hire a residential window cleaner. They can make sure that my windows look great, and I won't have to clean them by myself. http://www.clearviewkansas.com/overland-park.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tips for cleaning the windows faster.
    Thanks for share

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...