Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tequila Lime Coconut Macaroon Bars

 

Lime bar first

Did you think I had forgotten about sharing my latest sinfully delicious temptation?

Not a chance…

I have merely been buried in work.

lime 2

Everyone….

                           …and that is no exaggeration…

has seen fit to escape the heat by flocking to the mountain.

Therefore there has been a bazillion houses and condos to clean to shelter all these happy holiday goers. 

lime 3

And who gets to clean them…

                                     you may well ask

Yep, ME and a few other cleaning contractors. 

But in my after hours I have been attempting to teach my nerdy mechanical engineering husband to bake.

lime 4

He already has learned to cook many delicious items…

(to my utter delight as he usually has dinner waiting for me when I crawl home exhausted)

and now he wants to bake.

(it is a very good thing many of these condos and vacation homes I clean are 3 stories, lugging a vacuum up and down stairs burns a lot of calories)

This recipe caught our eye when it started with “Tequila”..

Even the eggs were happy to meet Senor’ Cuervo

smiley eggs

The description of the flavor is Margarita meets Pina Colada ( they get married and have babies. )

Now this recipe does call for a lot of sugar but I can handle that…

                                                                     remember the 3 flights of stairs and vacuum lugging

 

This recipe is from My Recipes.com

Tequila Lime Coconut Macaroon Bars

Ingredients

2 cups all purpose flour, divided
2 cups sugar, divided
1.2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
4 large eggs (they may even smile at you)
1 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 teaspoon lime zest

1/3 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons tequila
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Garnishes: powdered sugar, lime rind curls
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, allow 2 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.

2. Stir together 1 ¾ cup flour and ½ cup sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork (or got the very easy route and use your trusty dusty Kitchenaid mixer)

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned.

4. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a medium bowl until smooth; which in coconut, next 3 ingredients and remaining 1 ½ cups sugar. Stir together baking powser, salt and remaining ¼ cup flour; whisk into egg mixture.   Pour over hot crust.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Remove foil, and cut into bars. Garnish if desire.

 Here is a link for making the lime rind curls.  Shiska Blog

 

So turn on that oven and whip these babies up, it so worth heating up the house for a little bit.  It really is!

 

Though I work long days I do take the time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds me. 

I drive up to Lake Alpine on my lunch break and enjoy the scenery while I eat. 

I even took some photos of the wildflowers that are performing so grandly right now.

All to share with you…

  that will be coming up soon…very soon.

Now go have a party with Senor’ Cuervo…your taste buds will thank me. 

~Pamela~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...