Monday, January 16, 2012

MOMENT

savormoments1

It is hard to pick a word for the year.  A word to inspire, encourage and uplift.  So I decided to go with the word that really is my life’s mantra: 
MOMENT

Definition of mo·ment

   /ˈmoʊmənt/ Show Spelled[moh-muhnt] Show IPA
noun
1.  an indefinitely short period of time; instant: I'll be with you in a moment.
2. the present time or any other particular time (usually preceded by the ): He is busy at the moment.
3.  a definite period or stage, as in a course of events; juncture: at this moment in history.
4. importance or consequence: a decision of great moment.
5. a particular time or period of success, excellence, fame, etc.: His big moment came in the final game.

Yes, a few different meanings and they all fit. 

For now I will focus on meaning  2

I choose to live and enjoy the moment.


DSC_0083

I do not wait for circumstances to get better to be happy as in “when I get this or when we can do that” I will be happier. 

DSC_0091 

Living in the moment is being content no matter the circumstances.  Finding the joy in the here and now, not waiting for the ideal.

A few quotes I found that are fitting as well and probably say it better than I ever could.

"To finish the moment, to find the journey's end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom. It is not the part of men, but of fanatics, or of mathematicians, if you will, to say, that, the shortness of life considered, it is not worth caring whether for so short a duration we were sprawling in want, or sitting high. Since our office is with moments, let us husband them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
 

DSC_0117

Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed. Coria Kent
 
DSC_0087

One should count each day a separate life. Lucius Annaeus Seneca
 
DSC_0086

Today is life - the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Dale Carnegie
 
DSC_0111

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. Abraham Lincoln

When I spotted this necklace from the Rusted Chain I had to have it because it just fit..

savor moments

Now to give an example, today I am suffering from a cold, my head hurts, my sinus’ are stuffy and I just generally have little oomph but a long list of things I would like to be doing. 

Instead of lamenting not being up for my normal routine I will pamper myself, enjoy having an excuse to sit on my couch with a hot cup of tea and get some blog work done,  some Pinterest surfing and other things that don’t take much physical energy but I normally would not have time to do, at least not guilt free.  

Now everyone, enjoy the moment!
af-vio2signaturePamelaaf-vio2

PS: for those interested in winning the scrap-booking software My Memories V3 just keep checking back here on my blog.  I will soon be doing a post on my opinions of it after working with it for close to 2 weeks and I will be doing a giveaway for one. 




The Lettered CottageWYWW Peony Frame

3 comments:

  1. Feel better quickly ... lovely share, great quotes.
    Have a lovely day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! I so agree with you to be content with each day and savor its moments, the only way to live! Thanks for sharing this and for stopping by to say hi! XO Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful outlook on life! It's a philosophy I really wish I could adopt. I hope you feel better soon. Beautiful photos of the spring bulbs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...