Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sigh! another Spring like day in January!

I had to share this photo of my husband and I at lunch today.  We sat outside of El Jardin and enjoyed sunny skies and warm temps.  I was wishing I had on shorts, I could really have worked on my tan!  It was a lovely 58 degrees but was so much warmer in the direct sun.

For a January day this is unreal.

january lunch

I know we need rain and snow but since I have no control over the weather I will just enjoy what we get! And for your additional pleasure this is our view while we eat and what we hear!

Music of the creek.

Today I have been working away learning a new software program, at least new to me.  I have avoided getting into scrapbooking because I am already spread thin on things I enjoy doing and I figured I would get hooked if I even tried it.

   But I was offered the opportunity to test and review a Scrapbooking software and I thought “why not”.  Maybe it would at least get some of our travel photographs organized and put into books or slide shows slicked up with pretty backgrounds and embellishments.  I need something fast and easy as my time is limited to say the least.
The software is much more comprehensive than I had thought but not difficult.  I also was asked to do a giveaway of this software and I will do that so keep an eye out.  I wanted to do more than just a cursory test of it before writing my review and offering a chance for my readers to win one.  So I will give it a good work out the next couple of weeks and give you an honest opinion of how well this software works for the complete newbie!

On another note. I never posted the finished signs I sent off just last week.  Here is one for a beach house in Florida. 

DSC_0001

And this went to a repeat customer of mine in Canada.  She never fails to stretch my talents with her ideas.  The chickadees are a new one for me but fun.

DSC_0007

Sign orders have waned for the moment, which is a relief.  Now I can dig into my building projects I had on my back burner.  My worktable is complete and I have already cut the legs and aprons for my dining room buffet table.   I have a garden bench in the works as well so stay tuned for those to show up here. 

In the evenings I still enjoy my crochet.  This scarf I will finish up soon, it will be an infinity scarf and I made it out of Drops delight yarn in the purple turquoise mix.
DSC_0013
DSC_0015

Here is the pattern I made it from. Click on the photo to go to the pattern.




I am also trying my hand at some granny squares, I have seen them made into scarves and they are just fun! Once I get them attached into a scarf I will do a shell trim or something.

DSC_0010

I also like the Flower Hexagon pattern and the full tutorial here is very easy to follow.

DSC_0012

Yes, I normally have several projects going at once, it is they way things go around here.  I have also been sifting thru my collection of seeds so when I get my metal rack and grow lights set up I can have them organized and ready to plant. 

That is all for today….
signaturePamela





It's OverflowingTransformation Thursday

5 comments:

  1. We, too, have been basking in this lovely 'spring like' weather, but alas the end is enroute. My flowers are WAY up out of the ground, confused.

    Love your signs & crochet ... just beautiful.

    Have a beautiful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video-very relaxing music! Love your crocheting Pamela-interesting to make them into scarfs!
    ~~Rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had our windows open yesterday, it was so nice but all that will end today, a big snow storm is headed our way. Your signs are gorgeous as always and I am like you, I like having different things going on at once, keeps my mind occupied and I get less bored. :)
    Have a great day!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoro seu blog! Tudo que você faz fica lindooooooo....!!! As placas rústicas pintadas são de extremo bom gosto! Parabéns! Continue...Abraços! Lêda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friend!!! You definitely have it down! I have one that is super special to me!!! Wish I had that talent!!! I'm so excited you linked up at my party! I'm thrilled to be your newest follower!!! I hope you'll visit again soon and return the "love" if you haven't already!!! Your blog is so incredibly cute!!!

    XO, Aimee
    Your Bloggy Friend

    PS Just checking to make sure you entered my $50 stencil giveaway!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...