A few months back I started on these poor old things
And I did a post of chalk paint vs Rustoleum on them
Then I took it further and decided to paint a motif on the seats.
I did not care for it at all and I could not figure out why.
I know the rose on the back had to go, so I painted over it with the white. And I like it better. But still the seat was lacking.
I was just going to strip them down and reupholster it with some old ticking or something but have not been inspired at all to do a thing.
I have been using them as is in my sewing room and after awhile I started to like the roses on the seat but felt it was still missing something. Too bland or sedate..
So I took the other seat (still unpainted at this point) and put a little bit different design on it and added a bit more color.
I think it needs some daisies still but I know adding a bit of a darker pink and the lavender helped a lot, at least to my eyes.
To gussy this one up more I will add some other flowers and maybe go over a rose or two with the darker pink .
Here they are together in my sewing room, please forgive the less than stellar photographs, it was dark in my sewing area and I was in a hurry.
They already dress up my rather chaotic sewing space. I hope to get better shots of them once the sun shines again.
Not to shabby for a couple of thrift store cheapie finds.