Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My New Peeps

 

The past 21 days have flown by. 
So fast that my eggs in the incubator were pipping before I knew it.
Sunday night I heard a little chirp emit from in here…
eggs pipping
By Monday morning one little chickie was battling her way out.
My plans for the day took a sudden left turn when I realized I was not prepared. 
I had no chick feed, I needed to hunt down my chick feeder and water dispenser as well as fixing up a brooder.
So I put aside my cleaning and painting chores for the day and got to work. 
eggs pipping2 
I had to work fast as these little gals were not going to take their time about hatching out.
One pecked out before I even left the house.
 eggs pipping3
I ran to the feed store, bought what I needed and came straight home.
By then another was greeting the world.
Not long and the rest just starting popping out. 
eggs pipping4
Out of 7 eggs I got 6 live chicks. 
Number 7 did hatch but she did not make it for very long. 
It should be interesting to see what these gals grow up to look like.
They are a cross between a Black Copper Marans rooster and Amercauna momma’s. 
The two olive eggs were from a former cross hen so it should be interesting to see what the eggs of that one will lay, maybe  a darker green. 
The light grey chick is the one hatched from the olive egg.  The one that did not make it was from the other olive colored egg.

That has been the excitement around here.
And how is your week going?


signaturePamela
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh they are so precious - your little babies. I would be making them pets in no time. Keep us posted on their progress.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...