Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring at Ironstone

I finally made my annual trek to Ironstone Vineyards to capture some photos of their barrels and barrels of blooming spring bulbs.

DSC_0032

The lighting was not optimum as the direct sun can wash out the colors but I take what I can get.  Tomorrow it is to be overcast and would be a better photography day but I have to work on the mountain, which is in the opposite direction.

DSC_0033

Close ups are my favorite shot

DSC_0005

Barrels and barrels of tulips..

DSC_0020

All shapes, colors and sizes…

DSC_0051
DSC_0036

then there is the oh so fragrant Hyacinths

DSC_0012

DSC_0030

Crave the Wave…interesting name for this mix…

DSC_0056

There are still plenty of daffodils even though many are about finished up for the season.

DSC_0096


DSC_0008

I seem to gravitate to the fluffy centered ones…

DSC_0035

though the regular trumpets are just as pretty.

DSC_0094
DSC_0058

Walking along the flower lined paths is refreshing to the soul

DSC_0071

DSC_0092

funny how different the climate and growing season is just 12 miles down the road.  My tulips are just a leaf poking out of the ground at this moment, and my daffodils have yet to bloom but soon they will pop open, if the weather continues the warm spell we are enjoying. 

I hope you enjoyed this little  bit of our tour, there is more to share and I shall.

Have a sunshiny day!

Pamela

shabby creek cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...