Friday, August 8, 2014

Chicken Art with DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint

Disclosure: I was provided with the Chalky Finish Paint by DecoArt but the usage, opinions and ideas are my own.

chicken coop sign art with DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint, FlowerPatchFamrhouse.comAs odd as it may seem, this project is one I have wished to tackle for some time.
With such a range of colors available in DecoArts Chalky Finish paint I thought it would be fun to paint art work and not just furniture.
I do love it on furniture, in fact I am working on a table now with a mix of DecoArt Chalky Finish colors that is similar to MMS Eulalie Sky.
But that is for another post.
I started with a 1 x 12 piece of lumber, cut it to size (this one is 20inches) and painted on a base coat of Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint in Rustic.
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (1 of 4)I let that dry and give it a coat of DecoArt Americana Decor Crackle Medium
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (2 of 4)I either apply this with a brush or a foam roller.  I prefer a foam roller as it makes the crackling a bit more to my liking.
I let the crackle medium dry then I painted on the color Everlasting.
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (3 of 4)I use painters tape to tape off the border, Frog Tape or Scotch Blue, both work well.
Once I have the edge sealed well with tape I paint in the border.
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (4 of 4)I started with Cameo color then after that dried I added on a layer of Rouge for a deep red.
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (6 of 3)Next I draw on the design, typically using a pattern and transfer paper.
I start layering in colors of paint.
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (7 of 3)I have to mix a few colors from time to time to get a deeper or a specific color tone.
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (8 of 3)The paint is very opaque and gives good coverage.
I did use a bottled acrylic to do the shadowing and lettering but the majority of this sign was painted with DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish Paint!
Chicken Coop Sign, FlowerPatchFarmhouse.com (9 of 1)Now to wrap it up and ship to the customer.
I have more paintings using this paint in mind so stayed tuned.
Happy Painting!
signaturePamela_thumb.png

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...