Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Viola’s for winter cheer

I have been missing our little chats. 
Time has been getting past me as I flit from one project to another.
Attempting to fit it all in. 
The cleaning work will slow now. 
There is not enough snow to lure folks up to the mountain.

potting bench jan700
It has been so lovely here and I have missed the cheerful color of flowers.
So I treated myself to some violas.
They will do fine even if it snows on them.
And their sweet scent is pure Spring!
I actually used my Potting Bench for what it was made for.
Potting up flowers.
yellow viola700
A sunny yellow.
purpleviola700
Lovely Lavender
I even spruced up the fence board window boxes I made last Spring.
This one needs the end piece fixed but that should be easy enough.
Yes, it definitely needs some sprucing.
windowbox700
The deck rails do too but I am going with the shabby chic look since I do not have the time to paint them.
The window box looks much better, though a poor photo of it.
I can enjoy seeing this breath of Spring each morning as I look out my kitchen window.
windowboxfull7
I ran out of violas before I filled the other window box so that means I need to make another torturous visit to a garden center.
Woe is me!

Until we meet again.
Happy Winter days to you and pray California gets some rain and snow soon.

A sneak peek at what I am working on.
stairs before 700

Can you guess what I am going to do to these stairs?

signaturePamela


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...