Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Potting Bench update

Good morning all.  This morning it looks like rain, I am so glad I finished my potting bench update yesterday.

You remember our potting bench we built last year

pottingbenchbuild

it is very popular on Pinterest and Hometalk.  Lots of folks want to build one for themselves. I can’t blame them I have been enjoying mine much more than I anticipated.

Being able to see it from our living room is the ticket I suppose.  I try to keep it looking nice so I have something refreshing to look out at. 

Last Fall it looked like this

DSC_0004

I had yet to finish the top but I still enjoyed the scene.  Later after this photo I did paint it with some yellow paint. It did not weather well.

In Spring it got a make over..

potmantel2

And again for summer.

summermantel2

For summer I just sanded down the chippy yellow but for this Fall I wanted to give it a good protective coat.  I used some Milk Paint in a mix of 2 parts white and one part French Gray.

DSC_0032

The gray gives it an entirely new look.

pottingbenchredo1

To protect the wood further, once the paint was dry, I gave it a good coat of organic Tung oil.  It is non-toxic and dries hard and does not noticeably change the color of the paint. 

My Happy Chappy rose was blooming away, I picked some blossoms and tucked them in the watering can so I can enjoy them even more.  Out here on my back deck they are more visible.

watercanflowers

I am enjoying my rooster painting.  I think I need to do some more.  I should photograph my Swedish Flower Rooster and try to paint him.  He is a pretty one.

pottingbenchredo

I have been busy getting my garden mulched and prepped for winter.  I have some straw bale gardening going and will share more in a later post.

Off I go to work this morning.  It will most likely be raining in Bear Valley and be a wee bit chilly so I shall dress for it.

Happy Fall..
signaturePamela


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Today's Creative BlogFrench Country CottageFurniture Feature Fridays

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I love your potting bench, I think I need one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much. I have a potting bench on my spring wish list. I love that you decorate it for the seasons! thank you for sharing xo P.S. I hope you will link up this post at my hop tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an adorable potting bench! I want one of these now! You have done such a great job decorating it for the seasons. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous potting bench - I would love to look out a window and see this!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have
    the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bench. Do you have a list of all the material I may have missed it if you do. Could you email it to me? Brandy Carrythecross11@yahoo.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...